More about Master of Business Administration
Our Master of Business Administration incorporates feedback from the industry to ensure the content is relevant to the current business market. Our aim is for you to graduate with a broad understanding of how businesses function, how they are managed and how they are governed. This will prepare you for a leadership role and more responsibility, or to go on and create your own business.
You’ll refine your complex problem solving skills, learn how to make decisions in uncertain times and with incomplete data, as well as developing your critical thinking abilities. In addition to this, you’ll also improve the essential ‘soft’ skills needed of managers and leaders such as communication, negotiation, networking and team building.
A key element of our MBA is its focus on making sense of the current volatile and uncertain business world. You’ll study the impact of accelerating climate change, technology development and global politics on the world’s business economy.
Insights into the wider role of businesses in addressing societal problems in a sustainable manner will also develop your understanding of ethical management and governance, preparing you for an exciting career ahead.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve applied via our Liaison office and Colleges Admissions Service, they will send your information directly to us. Admissions Office will contact you directly regarding your application.
If you’ve applied directly to one of our Campuses, we’ll enter your details into our database and send you an email to acknowledge receipt of your application. This email will include your admission number, which you should use if you need to make an enquiry on the progress of your application.
It usually takes a few days for a new application to be processed and up to two weeks from the receipt of your application for a decision to be made. If you’ve allowed enough time for your application to reach us and would like to check whether we’ve received it, please contact us with your full name, date of birth and the title of the course you applied for.
Metropolitan International University admits 3 times in a year; in December/January, March/April and August/September.
Step 1: Pick-up an application form from the Admissions office at any of our Campuses below:
- Admission office at Main Campus in Kisoro, Uganda.
- Kampala Campus in Namungoona
- Alternatively, download an application form from MIU website: Download it Here which can be filled and sent to email@example.com
NOTE: Click on the link to complete the online application: https://miu.ac.ug/apply-online (a scanned copy of the admission letter will be sent to your email, and once the application has been approved, the original copy will be collected from our Kampala campus in Namungoona (Admissions Office-Online Desk)
The application fee is 50,000Ug.shs for both Ugandans and International students (non-Ugandans). For online applicants, the application fee is paid to the Finance Office when you report collecting the original admission.
Step 2: Complete the application forms clearly and enclose or attach the following:
- 3 photocopies of each ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level Secondary school result slips or equivalent [Diploma and Bachelor Degree] and three certified copies of transcripts of Bachelor and Master Degrees [postgraduate degrees].
- A photocopy of a receipt for payment for the application form.
- 3 recent passport size photographs.
- Photocopies of Birth Certificate/ National ID/ Passport
Step 3: Submit a fully completed form with the required attachments to the following addresses:
- By physical submission – kindly return form and attachments to the Admission office.
- By email – kindly send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why our MBA
This programme provides students with contemporary skills of analysis, critical thinking, synthesis and evaluation in relation to business dynamics. Learners become acquainted with critical issues in business administration and leadership, and thus apply intellectual and practice-oriented approaches to addressing the challenges at work.
The MBA is a professional programme which offers practical job oriented skills for people in the areas of specialization including accounting and finance, Oil and gas management, human resources management and international business as well as institutional management and leadership.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field of at least lower second-class honors, or its equivalent from a recognized University
- Qualifications in professional programmes such as; ACCA, CPA (U), CPA (K), CIMA, CIPS, ICSA or any other recognized professional qualification.
- A relevant Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized institution
East African Community Students
Fees per semester
International students pay international student tuition fees which is rated in dollars and this specifically covers only the cost of teaching and many student support services. This tuition below is per academic session and includes both the tuition and functional fees.
Category of Programme
Fees per academic session (USD)
Application / Admission Fee