To all Metropolitan International University Students and Staff
From University Management Council
Following the Presidential directive for all institutions to lock down in an effort to combat the possible outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID19) that Effected Friday March 20, 2020, all university activities are still suspended until at least 19th May, 2020.
Inline with the lockdown, please kindly observe the following
- All face to face Classes, Public Lectures and Worship Services are suspended with immediate effect until advised otherwise by Government.
- In response to the Presidential directive, the University Management has reviewed and weighed a number of options as to the best strategy to ensure the completion of teaching for the Semester and conducting of examinations thereafter.
- Throughout the lockdown period, you are advised to utilise your this time for your personal learning to ensure that the syllabus as per the course outline(s) is completed.
- The concerned lecturers will be encouraged and supported to ensure that students receive the remaining notes, and materials to facilitate their learning remotely.
- The End of Semester Examinations are likely to be conducted shortly after resumption from the lockdown period, therefore students are requested to stay up to date on the University Website and other social media platforms for any consequent communications in regard to this.
- Students, who have not yet fully cleared their University fees are encouraged to do so as soon as possible to be able to sit for the Examinations.
As the MIU staff team at the Main Campus and at our Constituent Campuses, we will continue to diligently execute our duties to serve our students. We will also continue to pray that God intervenes in the Coronavirus pandemic across the world to be contained and eradicated. Your cooperation will be key in these troubled times.