The HEC program is a one-year program that comprises of various courses that cover topics ranging from business management to information technology. The program is designed to provide students with a broad understanding of different subject areas while also giving them the opportunity to specialize in a particular field of study.
At MIU, we believe that education should be accessible to everyone, regardless of their background. Therefore, we have designed the HEC program to be flexible and accessible to students who may have work or family commitments. The program is offered in both full-time and part-time options, allowing students to choose a study schedule that suits their needs.
Our faculty members are experts in their respective fields and bring a wealth of industry experience and knowledge to the classroom. They are committed to providing students with an engaging and interactive learning experience that fosters critical thinking, problem-solving, and collaboration.
We invite you to explore the HEC program at MIU and discover how we can help you achieve your academic and career goals. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our admissions team, who will be happy to assist you with your inquiry.
Categories of HEC
- Metropolitan International University runs three tracks of Higher Education: Higher Education Arts, Higher Education Physical and Higher Education Biological.
- Higher Education Arts for those who intend to do Humanities courses at the university such as Law, SWASA, BAED, BBA, and Journalism etc.
- Higher Education Biological for those who want to pursue: Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Agriculture, Environment, Bachelor of Science with Education etc.
- Higher Education Physical for those who want to pursue Engineering courses, Computer Science, Bachelor of Science with Education, etc.
Overview of HEC Program
The HEC program is an intensive educational program that caters to students who have completed their Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent but did not achieve the necessary grades to enroll in diploma or degree programs. This program aims to provide students with a strong foundation in their chosen field of study, preparing them for their professional careers.
The HEC program is intended for students who have successfully completed UACE or its equivalent. It is also open to teachers with Grade III certificates who wish to pursue degree programs, and students from countries with secondary school qualifications that permit admission into higher education but are not equivalent to UACE.
Benefits of the HEC Program
Graduates of the HEC program are well-equipped with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in their professional careers. The program offers a solid foundation in the students’ chosen field of study and prepares them for further education at the undergraduate or graduate level. Students who complete the HEC program are well-prepared to enter the workforce or pursue higher education.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- UCE or its equivalent and UACE with at least two subsidiary passes obtained in principal subjects or its equivalent. For the avoidance of doubt, a holder of UACE with only one principal pass shall be deemed to meet the admission requirements.
- Vocational Qualifications at level 2 or level 3 of the Uganda Vocational Qualifications Framework.
- Grade III Teacher’s Certificate
- Qualifications equivalent to the UACE shall be determined by the National Council in consultation with the Uganda National Examinations Board
- An ordinary certificate from an institution recognized by NCHE.
- Students whose foreign secondary school qualifications are not considered equivalent to UACE but permit admission into Higher Education in a foreign country. Such students shall have passed at least five subjects with at least a credit in each of the five subjects. In addition, foreign students whose studies were not conducted in English shall show proof of proficiency in the English Language. The English proficiency centres shall be accredited by NCHE.