Our Master of Public Administration (MPA) MA course is a well-established and prestigious programme aimed at those who aspire to begin or enhance a public service or voluntary sector career in public services, non-for-profit sector, government agencies or social impact-focused private and social enterprise organisations.
More about this course
Our Master of Public Administration (MPA) MA aims to equip you with the applied and professional skills needed to manage and affect change within your professional environment.
In particular, the programme places great emphasis on:
- developing a variety of academic capacities and transferable skills in public administration and management, instilling flexibility of thought and innovation as guiding principles to public service design and transformation
- developing a commitment to lifelong learning and reflective practice
This course would be suitable for you if you’re a graduate working in public services and want to develop expertise in policy analysis, service transformation and design, capacity strengthening, institutional development and general and strategic management of public organisations. If you’re a manager (or want to become one), our course will help you learn how to understand, analyse and manage change, as well as plan, assist and monitor effective implementation in complex and uncertain political and institutional environments in your sector.
You’ll undertake an intensive year of professional and academic development of the highest standard. This includes the option of a work placement with an organisation from our wide network of public and voluntary sector employers.
This programme provides students with contemporary skills of analysis, critical thinking, synthesis and evaluation in relation to business dynamics. Learners become acquainted with critical issues in business administration and leadership, and thus apply intellectual and practice-oriented approaches to addressing the challenges at work.
The MBA is a professional programme which offers practical job oriented skills for people in the areas of specialization including accounting and finance, Oil and gas management, human resources management and international business as well as institutional management and leadership.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field of at least lower second-class honors, or its equivalent from a recognized University
- Qualifications in professional programmes such as; ACCA, CPA (U), CPA (K), CIMA, CIPS, ICSA or any other recognized professional qualification.
- A relevant Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized institution
East African Community Students
Fees per semester
International students pay international student tuition fees which is rated in dollars and this specifically covers only the cost of teaching and many student support services. This tuition below is per academic session and includes both the tuition and functional fees.
Category of Programme
Fees per academic session (USD)
Application / Admission Fee