The Academic Registrar’s Office is managed by Mr Tukamuhebwa Deus. Deus is an experienced education administrator with over 10 years of progressive management and academic experience. He holds Master’s Degree in Educational Management from Islamic University in Uganda, Bachelor of Science with Education from Kabale University-Uganda
He has been the academic Registrar of Metropolitan International University since 2016. He served as an Academic Registrar of Makerere Metropolitan Management Institute from 2015 before joining Metropolitan International University. He was also a renowned teacher of Computer and Geography at St Paul’s Mutolere Secondary ,St Josephs Vocational Secondary School.
The Academic Registrar has Deputies in charge of Admissions and Examinations. Other officers working directly under the Office of the Academic Registrar include:
- Deans of Faculties or Schools
- Directors of Institutes, Colleges or other Academic bodies
The Academic Registrar assists the Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs in the management and administration of all academic matters including organization of admissions, examinations, undergraduate studies, postgraduate studies and issues of research and publications. He is Secretary to Senate and all its Committees.
Email Address: email@example.com,
Duties & Responsibilities
The mandate of the Position and mandate of the Academic Registrar are derived from the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001, as amended.
Core functions duties
The role of the department of the Academic Registrar is to coordinate academic matters in the University namely: Admissions, Examinations, undergraduate and postgraduate studies, management of academic records of students including transcripts and certificates, Curriculum Development, Implementation and Review, Academic Ceremonies and Research & Publications. Academic Registrar’s department is the secretariat to the senate and senate committees.
The roles of the Office of the Academic Registrar revolve around the following sectors:
Undergraduate Admissions and Records
- Processing of undergraduate admissions and provision of information to the general public, on programs available at the University;
- Liaising with Faculties/Institutes/Schools/Colleges on matters concerning admission;
- Registration of both first-year and continuing students on the University programmes, including those at connected institutions;
- Generation and keeping records of current and former students of the University;
- Producing the yearly nominal roll containing information of all Undergraduate registered students.
Examinations and Academic Ceremonies
- Organizing and coordination of all University Examinations;
- Handling Examination Irregularities/Malpractices issues;
- Handling appeal cases on Examination Matters;
- Organization and coordination of graduation ceremonies;
- Preparing and issuing Academic Transcripts and certificates;
- Handling issues of all awards.
- Liaison with Faculties/Institutes/Schools/Colleges on new programmes;
- Formulation and review of regulations and policies;
- Approval of University examination results;
- Handles all quality assurance issues;
- Manages and administers all Senate matters.
Graduate Admissions and Records
- Processing of Postgraduate Admissions and provision of information to the general public, about programs available at the Graduate School;
- Liaising with Faculties/Institute/School on admission matters;
- Registration of graduate students to the University programmes;
- Generation and keeping records of current and former graduate students of the University;
- Producing the yearly nominal roll containing information of all Graduate registered students.
- Co-ordination of research, research grants and research publications.
The Academic Registrar also coordinates activities of the Convocation. This is an association of the graduates of the University and members of staff and such other persons as the University Council may authorize