The purpose of this office is to head and manage quality assurance standards and accreditation programs for the products of the University in line national, regional and international criteria.
The office is headed by DIRECTOR/ QUALITY ASSURANCE who is responsible to the Vice Chancellor
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops or reviews the quality assurance framework, plans, tools, and strategies for approval by Council or other relevant decision making organs of the University.
- Oversees the University’s response to and implementation of Council policies and decisions, quality standards and any other policy or quality requirements as set by the Sector Ministry, National Council for Higher or other relevant quality assurance bodies.
- Advises on and monitors quality assurance requirements for teaching, learning, research and community outreach programs.
- Provides technical and professional support to the various academic and administrative units in the implementation or enhancement of quality assurance systems within the University.
- Supervises the Quality Assurance teams in their undertakings and oversees the quality assurance and quality enhancement activities of the University.
- Plans, implements and continually improves the quality management systems of the University in conformity with universally accepted standards.
- Evaluates quality assurance or inspection reports from the various units of the University.
- Oversees the provision of support to University units in eliminating impediments to implementation of quality programs in their internal operations.
- Coordinates the conduct of quality management system audits and conformity assessments by External Advisors, Assessors and auditing, certification, accreditation or pre-qualification bodies.
- Oversees and participates in the sensitisation, education and training of both staff and other relevant Stakeholders in Quality Management Systems.
- Prepares and submits to the Vice Chancellor periodic reports on quality assurance audits in accordance with the University quality assurance policies.
- Communicates quality management targets, shortfalls, remedial measures and improved processes and procedures.