School of Research and Graduate Studies
The Metropolitan International University School of Research and Postgraduate Studies (SRPGS) was set up to provide quality research and graduate academic services.
The Graduate School is mandated to coordinate and manage graduate and postgraduate programmes. It runs the Masters programmes at the University. In liaison with the Higher Degrees Committee, the SRPGS tracks the progress of all masters candidates through graduate seminars, research methodology workshops and progress panels. The SRPGS also organizes the oral defense of Masters and Doctoral thesis before graduation.
To promote excellence in graduate education and training across the entire University in the areas of instruction, research and professional activity leading to the acquisition, creation and dissemination of new knowledge and the preparation of outstanding scholars and professionals in an atmosphere of free and lively inquiry.
The School of Research and Postgraduate Studies (SRPGS) aims to foster interdisciplinary research and teaching and to help programs prepare current graduate students as future leaders in teaching, research and development, applied science, policymaking, and social service to Uganda and to the wider region.
We are committed to the growth and development of research and scholarly activity in order to:
- Contribute to original thinking and the creation, growth and dissemination of knowledge.
- Contribute to scholarship and the body of knowledge which underpins learning and teaching.
- Contribute to development of useful and commercially exploitable inventions, products and processes.
- Master of Information technology (MIT)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Education (MED)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)